Skip to main content


How are the Extension Service and the Davis college eligible?

To help promote and support the University’s participation in the mission of the Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service (CSREES), Extension and the Davis College are authorized to locate and acquire federal excess property. Several other land-grant institutions across the nation also participate in the program. Items acquired are used to support approved research and Extension projects and programs within the Extension Service and the Davis College only. These items can include equipment and supplies for the Agricultural Experiment Station, research lab equipment, office equipment or supplies for research and Extension offices, like items for 4-H programs and camps, and so forth.