West Virginia University Extension Service (WVUES) is committed to creating a learning community among groups and individuals throughout the state, as well as within the organization. The ability of WVUES to serve the people of West Virginia depends on the knowledge and skills of employees.
It is the policy of WVUES to support employees in developing and implementing individual plans for professional development. WVUES expects all employees (faculty and staff) to take the initiative in maintaining and continually reassessing skills and knowledge required for their assigned work. Although WVUES does not control the evaluation policies for county employees, it is expected that Extension employees follow the principles of this policy in supervising county employees.
Learn more about
Professional Development Tuition Waivers. Please note: IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY
OF THE EMPLOYEE/STUDENT TO CHECK ON THEIR COLLEGE/DEPARTMENT DEADLINE.
The opportunities to improve your skill sets are limited only by your initiative and imagination! We offer customized training programs to suit the needs of our centers and units. There are a variety of training sessions offered via WVU, the Extension Service, USDA, or external companies, such as the following:
- Classified Staff Severance Plan
- Federal Benefits Review
- Leave and Worker Compensation
- Performance Appraisals
- Resume Writing and Interviewing Techniques
- Search and Selection from Start to Satisfaction
- Years of Service
WVU Extension Service
- WVU Extension Professional Development Sessions are held at Annual Conference and periodically throughout the year, and state, as needed and requested.
- Additionally, units/programs hold training on relevant topics continually throughout the year.
- MyExpenses Training
- MyHR Training
- MyTime Training
- MyTravel Training
- Mountaineer MarketPlace Training
- MAP Oracle Training
- Qualtrics Training
- WVU Hire Training
- WVU ITS Computer Training
- WVU Leadership and Development Training