Many times, just powering down computers and modem routers and then starting them up is all that is needed to fix the problem. Please refer to the section below for steps to complete these diagnostic steps.
If you are having connectivity issues in on off-campus office, please go through the following steps to see if you can resolve the connectivity issue on your own. If the steps below don’t work, please call the ITS Service Desk at 1-877-327-9260.
- Check the network (Ethernet) cable connections.
- Ask your co-workers if they are having problems. If they are, shut down all computers, Then, turn off all “connectivity” equipment (e.g., switch, router, etc.). ONLY turn off the power. DO NOT unplug Ethernet cables.
- Wait about 10 minutes.
- Begin turning “connectivity” equipment back on — beginning at the wall or the “box” from the service provider (ATM in courthouse, Suddenlink, Frontier, Comcast, etc.) — and then progressing to the equipment provided by the Office of Technology.
- Gradually, turn the computers back on and log in. See if connectivity has been restored.
- If connectivity has not been restored, call the service provider.
- If the service provider tells you that you should have an Internet connection, then call the ITS Service Desk at 1-877-327-9260 or send an email message (if you can do this on a smartphone) describing your problem.
Note: If you are connected to the Internet via a network bridge or other equipment
that might be housed in another building, please turn off that equipment to
reset, also. It's always a good idea to wait a few minutes before turning the equipment