Note: This unit was formerly named Office of Information Technology or OIT.
Office of Technology (OT) works in conjunction with ITS to support technology
efforts in our Extension offices both on- and off-campus. ITS serves students,
staff, faculty and researchers by identifying, providing and supporting the tools
they need to succeed.
ITS makes sure the networks, data centers, Internet and phones are robust and reliable. ITS also supports dozens of applications that are critical to the University’s administrative functions and academic mission, including the online learning system, eCampus and provides tools to protect the confidentiality and integrity of data (Kaspersky Endpoint Security, Identity Finder).
ITS is the unit that coordinates:
- ITS Service Desk ( ITSHelp@mail.wvu.edu, 304-293-4444 or 877-327-9260. Visit the Knowledge Base to see if you can find the answer you need.
Software and System Contracts (Microsoft, Adobe, Kaspersky, Qualtrics, etc.)
- DefendYourData - forward scams/spam/phishing emails to DefendYourData@mail.wvu.edu
- Network Storage Space (campus users have drives such as N:, J:, etc.)
- Telecommunications (VOIP)
New Employee Resources
- FileLocker - to share files too large to email
- and many other services