The Office of Technology provides computer training in numerous ways and at various locations (Knapp Hall, Jackson’s Mill, regional). Trainings are announced via the ESALL-L electronic mailing list (everyone in Extension).
Regional and specialized trainings can be arranged by contacting Becky Osborne.
Please visit Extension’s online training website for other professional development opportunities or select a topic of interest from the listing below.
Learning More about Photoshop
- Learning Photoshop - Adobe.com
- Adobe Photoshop - Photoshop.com
- Photoshop Tutorials - Photoshop Essentials
- Photoshop Help - Resizing Images
- Photoshop Help - Managing Layers
- Photoshop Help - Image Size and Resolution
Electronic Mailing Lists
Please refer to the material below for help in using electronic mailing lists.
Accessing Listserv Archives (267.2 KB)
This handout will help you access the archived messages sent to Extension's ESALL-L mailing list.
eXtension Professional Development
- eXtension Professional Development recorded sessions – recent
- eXtension Professional Development recorded sessions – older
Participate in eXtension professional development sessions.
Mobile Device Learning Resources
The listing below is by no means a full collection of resources. Search the Web using your favorite search tool, such as Google, for additional materials to help you learn more about your device. Feel free to share resources for this page by emailing us.
How to Learn to Use an Android Tablet
Android News and Updates
How to Organize Your Android Home Screen
Your Login account (aka Active Directory or AD account) is the one that helps you access MyAccess, and other resources at WVU. This account also enables employees to access the parking office website to renew their parking permits and to access the wireless system on campus. Your Login account is what enables you to get an account for CleanSlate, WVU's web content management system.
- account may become inactive if not used
- log into Masterapps with your Login account frequently to keep the account from being disabled (if you don’t use it to log into your computer)
- the password expires every 90 days
- you may need to request an account if not paid by WVU
- the username should be the same as your Outlook login account (FMLast or fml00X where "X" is a number)
For more information about the services available with your Login account, go to
Please refer to the resources below for help with Microsoft Office 2013.
- Configuring Outlook (243.4 KB)
- Installing Office 2013 (740.4 KB)
- The Clipboard (111.8 KB)
- Using Tabs (279.1 KB)
- Outlook 2013 Quick Start Guide
Online Courses and Resources
The following listing is just a sample of the many types of trainings and tutorials
on a range of subjects on the web.
- MOOC List – (search the free Massive Open Online Courses)
- Google It
- iTunes U
- Johns Hopkins
- Khan Academy
- Lynda.com ( request access)
- Open Culture
- Peer to Peer University (P2PU)
- YouTube U
Online Coding Resources
- Code School
- Hack Design
- Khan Academy
- SQLZOO (SQL)
Please use the resources below for help as you learn and use Qualtrics.
- Qualtrics at WVU
- Qualtrics Google+ Community/Hangout
- Online surveys and Qualtrics (Online informal learning community information)
- Qualtrics Resources at WVU
- Qualtrics University – good collection of training videos and other resources