- Contact Extension to discuss new categories or ideas.
- Take responsibility for managing and promoting your event.
- Login using the most appropriate dashboard.
- Search for an existing events before repeating an event.
- Title your event with descriptive, local text when possible.
- Use a summary abstract of less than 140 characters.
- Add rich text full description that links to content.
- Set recurring events to repeat over multiple days.
- Select appropriate Extension and WVU categories.
- Consider all other categories: owners can always block.
- Add keywords not otherwise already displayed in the text.
- Add images to show on the summary and social media.
- Add links in the full text description to other websites.
- Don't sit in frustration with questions and problems.
- Don't rely on others and hope your event appears online.
- Don't login using the main WVU dashboard.
- Don't duplicate existing events. Contact an expert for help.
- Don't write vague, misleading event titles.
- Don't use more than 140 characters for predictable feeds.
- Don't repeat the abstract as part of the full description.
- Don't set start and end days for an event to span.
- Don't omit setting categories or your event won't display.
- Don't worry about oversharing events with others.
- Don't forget to browse similar categories for keywords.
- Don't use copyrighted or off-brand, or oversized content.
- Don't upload content into the calendar system, if possible.