Know the Facts
Be empowered—know your heart health facts.
Did you know that heart disease is the #1 cause of death in West Virginia?
Take heart disease seriously. Learning your risk factors and staying informed on prevention methods is critical in maintaining a healthy heart.
Visit the resources below to learn about national heart health facts, as well as those specific to West Virginians.
West Virginia heart health facts & statistics
- Women and Cardiovascular Disease State Facts: Facts about women and cardiovascular disease in West Virginia
- Women and Heart Disease: An Atlas of Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Mortality
- Heart Disease Rankings: State rankings of heart disease mortality among women
National heart health facts and statistics
- Community Health Resources
- Health US 2007 Chartbook
- CDC Data & Statistics Resources